BaltimoreGeorgiaMemphisNew York City
Section En
Health Children & Families Tax Credits Housing & Utilities Community Resources Needed Documents
CAPS (Child Care and Parent Services)

Do you need help paying for child care?

Quick Facts
What is it?
CAPS is a Georgia state program that helps families who are working, in job training, or in school, pay for early childhood and school-age care. CAPS is for children age 12 and younger (or age 17 and younger if they have special needs).

What do I get?
Help paying your child care costs. Payments are sent directly to your child care provider. The amount of support will depend on your income and household size. You can choose the child care provider you want but the provider must be licensed, registered or approved by the state. CAPS can also help you find a provider if you do not have one.

How long do I get it?
You can get CAPS as long as you still qualify.

Look Out
When you apply for CAPS, your application will only be approved if there are funds available. If no funds are available, your application will be denied. You can call the Department of Family and Children Services (DFCS) at (404) 206-5300 to find out if there is funding available.